Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, November 23, 2019

The 1st full day with Carolyn

We had a refreshing night's rest after staying up late talking...and talking...and talking some more!  Marilyn and I woke up quite early since we were still on Kansas time.  We had our personal devotions, showered and got ready for the day.  When Carolyn woke up, we had a delicious breakfast!

 Later that morning, her neighbor and dear friend, Ann came over.  She is SO sweet!

 After Ann left, her friends John and Lucy came.  I forgot to get a photo of them, but I will share their picture later on, because we went out with them after church.  John took a picture of the three of us.

 "OK girls, let's do a silly picture!"        Wait....I was the only one who did!!

 After lunch, Marilyn and I took a walk outside in her neighborhood.  Carolyn was not up to walking outside as the air was smokey and not good for her lungs.





 The hills behind her house.




 Ooh, I like this birdhouse!
(I am not sure what the exercize equipment is out there for.  Free pick-up?
Funny thing is, I didn't even notice it when I took this picture!)



Carolyn has a beautiful home!

Her living room.  Immaculate except for my computer on the floor and pillow at an angle - my fault as this is where I did my morning devotions.  I will always remember that sweet spot!  Her blinds are so cool too!  They go up and down by remote control!  Fun to play with!

 Rich's piano


The outdoor patio where we had a couple of meals.


One morning we saw a couple of deer and another time up to 5 deer outside!

The exterminator came one day and he told us he also saw mountain lion paw prints.  Evidently, deer are getting away from the fires and mountain lions are following them!  


Somehow the conversation came up about Marie Callender's pies.  Someone told me about their frozen pies a couple of years ago when they brought it to church.  The coconut cream is SOOOO good!  As good as home made in my opinion.  Carolyn told us that there was a restaurant close by.  I never knew there was such a thing as a Marie Callendar restaurant!  Well, we just HAD to go, of course!

On the way there, we could see a fire across the highway.  She estimated this fire was probably about 10 miles from her home.



Oh my goodness!!
Good friends and pie!!
What more could you want?!

No comments: