Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, October 22, 2018

Drive across Missouri and on home

 I left Hannibal around 10 in the morning after the visit to the museum.  I popped in the audio CD of Tom Sawyer and enjoyed the story.  Highway 36 across Missouri was a nice 4 lane road. 


But OF COURSE, when the opportunity arose, I HAD to get off the highway and get on a dirt road!

I saw a sign for a covered bridge and I could not pass that up!  It was east of Chillicothe.



The sign said that I would have to walk 1/4 a mile to the bridge.  There was one other car parked there.  It was a pretty secluded place.  What if there were a murderer lurking, waiting for me?  

     Or perhaps a pack of coyotes or wolves?       

                Or a bear?

I grabbed my mace and thanked the Lord that I was not all alone.  He was with me!

"When I am afraid, 
     I will trust in You....
In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
   What can man (or coyotes, wolves or bears) do to me?"
                   from Psalm 56

"I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.  
              I cry out to God Most High, to God, Who fulfills His purpose for me."
                                                                                            Psalm 57:1,2


When I got to the bridge, I met this couple.  They were on their honeymoon and happened to see the sign and also had to get off the main road to see the bridge.



This bridge used to be on the main road and water did flow underneath it at one time.

The couple offered to take my picture and I took theirs.


On the walk back to the car, I could hear a chickadee, woodpecker and titmouse.






I wanted to take 36 all the way across to 135 but I decided it would put me home after dark.  I am not supposed to drive after dark, so I opted for a shorter route.  Parts of this route I had not been on before.







I was getting rather nervous as I drove south on 77.  I needed gas bad!
I finally found a gas station in the town of  Herrington.


I came across a sunflower field just north of home.




























Thank You, Father, for the wonderful trip to Indianapolis and to Ohio, the opportunity to see family and friends, and to enjoy this beautiful country!  For safety on all the 2-lane roads and from wild critters!

No comments: