Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20

Monday, June 15, 2009

A crazy, busy, busy weekend (but fun!)

FRIDAY morning when I looked out the door, I noticed the rain.

We were supposed to have the young married's (and one old couple) garage sale. Would we get rained out?

Luckily, by 8:30, the rain had cleared out for the most part so we were still able to go ahead with the garage sale! We had 16 families going in on this sale.

Even a bunny for sale!

The kids played in the back yard while sales were being made.

Henry and Grace were selling muffins and lemonade.

More back yard fun.

On Friday evening after the garage sale, Jill, the girls and I went to Kidron Bethel for their big, annual pig roast. Adam was sick so he stayed in bed and Al was on route home from a meeting in Boston.

We rode a train. The driver was crazy doing all kinds of loops around the place. It was a blast!

We saw many people we knew, including the Andersons. Maybe you recall from an earlier blog that Rauley is going to be Hannah's future husband! Payton, Rauley's sister, once told Rauley that she was going to marry him when they grew up. "I'm sorry. I'm going to marry Hannah" he declared.

I got to have a surprise reunion of sorts with my MK (missionary kid) friends from Japan. We were all in the same mission family. Barb, who lives in Clearwater now, was my very first room-mate when I went to boarding school as a 1st grader. We were best of friends for many years. Her mother, "Aunt" Belva, was my first dorm-mother. Johnny (now called John, but to me he will always be Johnny) was older than us but he also was at our school before their family moved up to the Tokyo area. He lives in Calgary now.
My parents helped serve food.

The kids got to sit in a fire engine...

and be "bubbled".

On SATURDAY morning, we finished the garage sale and then in the afternoon ran to church to have a surprise anniversary party for our friends, Terry and Connie. Terry is part of the elder board and Pastor Dave called an "emergency" elder meeting. Wives were also to come discuss some sensitive issue. Tami, their daughter, said that they can never, ever surprise their father and that it would be a miracle to pull this off.
You should have seen Terry's jaw drop to the floor when they entered the room. And he was all red in the face. It felt so good to surprise them!
Then right after that party, we were off to a coaches' party at the Claassen home. (In our church, we have coaches who help small group leaders or Community Life groups. They pray for them and help them with any needs or direction.) The Claassen's have an amazing set up in the country and love to host parties for groups. Lots of good food and lots of fun! Unfortunately, Adam was sick and couldn't eat the great brisket and other delicious foods. He came, but only for a brief time. This whole weekend was disappointing for him as he missed all the parties and great food.

SUNDAY afternoon, Webers and us (we are both coaches)had our Community Life young married leaders together at "Uncle Tom's Cabin", out at Haven. Sarah's brother, Tom, owns this camp ground and so it was good to spend time together there. We missed Adam and Jill (who were not feeling well - we took Hannah with us) and Joel and Jess too.

If you go too fast on this slide, you will fly into the lake!

The fish weren't biting, but it was still fun. Hannah was not at all squirmish about holding the wiggly worms. (Too gross for this grandma!)
Thank you, Webers, for inviting us out to the campgrounds!
Now, to recoup from this very busy weekend!

1 comment:

PamperingBeki said...

My goodness, what a busy weekend!

I hope you all sold a bunch at your yard sale.

That hand full of worms made me shriek!