Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, October 8, 2009

October

I LOVE
FALL!
It is my favorite season!
So fun to decorate the house!

I found the most unusual gourds.





Marilyn Reimer introduced me to the mix of candy corn and nuts.
Yum! It has become a tradition at our home every fall.


Oh and I love the smell of apples!


October is the time we start up Mom2Mom again at our church. This is a program at our church to support and encourage moms of all ages. We meet once a month and have both a morning and evening edition. Child care is provided in the morning session.

Caryn Harder made a beautiful centerpiece!
This year our theme is "Managing Life: Living out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose". Our verse for the year is Philippians 2:13 "It is God who works in you giving you both the desire and the ability to do His will."

Our first program was "Managing Your Spiritual Life" and Bobbie Friesen was our speaker. Bobbie is the wife of Steve, who is our pastor of counseling & discipleship. Steve is an MK (missionary kid) from Japan and his sister and I were even room-mates at CAJ, our highschool in Tokyo. Bobbie grew up in Guatemala, also an MK. After they were married, they spent several years in Japan as missionaries but we are so grateful to have them here at Grace now!
We had wonderful food! At the Tuesday evening session, we had soups and in the morning, pumpkin and nuts breads and a yogurt cup (yogurt, mixed fruit, granola).




Coffee and teas too.

And lots of laughter...

...and friends.

Bobbie led us in a worship choreography.

They are getting down!
Some of us weren't coordinated enough and just watched.

One of us had a really good excuse.

Bobbie gave a wonderful analogy of the spiritual life and our own physical life.
And spoke of God's grace in our spiritual growth.


If you are able, please come next month!
It will be a combined session on November 10.
"Managing Your Home Life" with Karla Conner.

Fall also means Awana. I am helping with Awana on Wednesday nights, listening to the little Cubbies say their Bible verses. During game time this week, the kids played with the parachute. They had so much fun!



I know Christmas trees are already in stores, but I sure hope I can hang onto fall just a little.

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How FUN!! I love all of these pictures.

I love the bumpy crazy gourds.
And those wallflowers are my favorite too!