Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kids Week

As I wrote on the last blog, we are watching the kids this week.

Yesterday Hannah came home from Kindergarten and promptly threw up - twice. So today we kept her home. (the school has a 24 hour rule about that)


Today she felt well enough to dance to the Wiggles.

And go for a walk around the lake.



I told the kids I would give them a penny for every dandelion they picked. The kids don't understand why I think they are weeds.

Hannah decided to pick some dandelions in a dry creek bed. But she discovered it wasn't so dry.


She was pretty upset.

Those are my favorite shoes!
And my favorite socks!
And my favorite leg is all muddy!


YUCK!






We had showers before going to Grandpa Pete and Grandma Lois' for supper.
Hannah: I'm allergic to scented soaps.
Sophia: I'm allergic to wolves.


Aunt Millie came too.
Mom prepared "omurisu" - a Japanese omelet dish with rice inside.


We had our water in these funny cups with "denture" ice-cubes (part of a gift package I gave her for Christmas)
I believe Hannah is ready for school tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she's feeling better. It would be a bummer to be sick all week. Looks like they had fun today, and what a beautiful day it was.

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

It kind of stinks that Hannah was briefly sick (and that you missed our Bible Study on Tuesday morning), BUT you did get to have Hannah home an extra half day and be outside on a nice day :)

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

How do you do it? I'm usually so busy when I'm with grandkids, like most of the day yesterday, I often don't get to take pictures. I've got a landyard to hook it to but it's awkward and in the way.

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time holding Abigail, the precious newborn, because Amy had fever, aches & chills, fatigue--some kind of virus.

Today, I hope getting posted what pictures I've got. Love your pictures.

Kendall Smith said...

FUNNY!!! Oh, and I'm allergic to wolves too. :-)
Kendall