Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Country Fair

This weekend I took the girls to a very special country fair. They were pretty excited to be going. Hannah was talking A LOT in the car, probably because she was so excited. Then she said "How long until we get there?" "Oh, about 5 minutes." "That's good, because I'm tired of talking!"

The Vogts from our church are adopting a child from Russia. Read about their heart here. The Vogts' community life group from church put together this country fair to help them raise funds. I wanted to help out. Adoption costs are 5 times more than they were when we adopted back in 1984. Not an easy process!

This table had their story and a place to donate. And directions for another sale in the area. The Barn Sale (and yes, I went there too!)
There was a hay rack ride...
train ride... (my friend Connie told me that her granddaughter went on that ride 17 times!)


cotton candy!!....
farm animals to pet...
Hannah's favorite - horses!!!
Sophia is just a little more shy about horses


a bouncy house....
face painting...


games...
(see Hannah's shirt? Like I said, she loves horses!)
and instead of a sand box - this is a farm, so they had a tank of corn!...

And Balzer's brought their cooler scooter. Or is it a scooter cooler? Cool!
If you weren't able to go, I know the Vogts would still appreciate your help!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It was such a fun day! Thanks for coming! I'm glad the girls had fun :)

The Sieberts said...

Ava was on the train most of the day...that's alot of train riding!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Debby, I'm glad to see all the pictures. I'm thrilled that the country fair turned out so well!

It was great to see you at the Barn Sale too.