Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving Millie

Dad and Aunt Millie

About 10 years ago, my Aunt Millie, Dad's oldest sister, moved to town and lived in the same retirement center as my parents.  She has lived in an apartment all these years and this past weekend, we moved her to the assisted living area. 
 My parents helped pack and move.  No one would believe they are in their 80's.  Seriously so very active and healthy!!
 Millie going through papers.  Deciding what to keep, what not to.

 Hannah and Sophia also came to help.  They carried pillows and odds and ends.  Such big helpers!
And Grandpa Pete gave them rides too!
 Millie's apartment is emptying out.
 Here she is in the new place.  Quite a bit smaller.  It has meant downsizing a lot.  I know it has to be hard.  An ending to another chapter in her life.
 At noon, we went to Wendy's, one of her favorite places to eat.  While we were ordering Sophia took this shot with the camera.
 And Hannah took this one.  I didn't even know it until I was reviewing the photos.  Sooo funny!

 This is Millie's grandson, David, who drove down from KC to help.
 Millie seems to like her new place.  And I LOVE the care they give!  Everyone is so very kind and helpful!

And it is so very close to my parents now.  Open the door and my parents are across the street in a duplex.  Very nice!!! 

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Glad you guys had fantastic weather for moving!!!! I'm thrilled you guys got her moved as I know this was a big project for you.

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.