Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, October 13, 2012

Utah Vacation, Day 5, Capitol Reef National Park

On the way to Moab

We came to the end of Highway 12 and got onto Highway 24.  At the intersection was a much welcomed coffee shop!  Yum!  As we left the little town of Torrey, we drove through Capitol Reef National Park.



Every turn a new "look"


I was singing in my head Michael W. Smith's "Everywhere I go I see You".


I'd love to hear this pioneer's story!




You can see one car in front of us, but seriously, it was rare to see any other cars. 


And, the entire time we were in Utah, we only saw one other Kansas tag. I don't think too many Kansans know about this marvelous area in southern Utah.


It is barren, desolate, but has its own beauty.



What was amazing was the many different types of rock.  Such contrast!  Each bend, just a little different.






47 miles of jaw dropping wonder.

No comments: