Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August Cemetery Post - Part 1

Normally when we leave the kids' home in Fayetteville, Arkansas, we will travel north to Joplin, then 400 through Kansas.  Or we might go through Tulsa on 412 and north on 135.

But we wanted to visit the cemetery at Fort Gibson, southeast of Tulsa so we took Highway 62 east out of Fayetteville.  We had never gone this way before.  Here are a couple of photos of the drive from a moving vehicle.  I hate to ask Allen all the time to pull over for a photo shoot.  He always tells me he will turn around, but if I did that every time I "see" a great photo in my head, we would never arrive at our destination!  I liked all the fields with these bails of hay.



 Must be a turkey farm.


This post is dedicated to my friend, Connie T.  She told me that she "travels" through my blogs.  She gets terribly car sick - especially on curvy roads so she stays home!



See the curvy sign?  There were a LOT of them on this highway.  I even began to feel a little car sick!

This highway was steep and curvy!  I never knew eastern Oklahoma was so hilly!
 This photo is for my friend, Jan E.

Homes along the way...

It took about 3 hours to get to the town of Fort Gibson.  We pulled over at a cemetery and found out that it was the city cemetery, not Fort Gibson National Cemetery where we wanted to go.  But it was quite interesting.




A lot of "homemade" head stones.

Next stop - Fort Gibson

No comments: