Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, November 14, 2013

Judgement House

Two weeks ago we completed Judgement House.  I know this is late but I have to post about it!

When it was announced that we would have Judgement House again this year, I was so excited!  I LOVE this opportunity we have as a church to work together to share the Gospel!  Last year, because of our 2 church plants, it was decided not to do it. I MISSED it!

Judgement House is a walk through drama where the visitors walk through 7 different scenes to see the "play".   Through this production the truth of people's choices and the consequences of those choices both in this life and the next are portrayed.  
This year the story "Abducted" was chosen.

Allen and I love to be involved in JH!   Allen has always been in the Gospel presentation room along with a few other men.  I have done various things.  One year I was an actress in the heaven scene and I debated doing that again.  I LOVED doing that!

Then I heard that Steve needed more people to do spiritual advising.  I had done that last year.  Maybe I would do that.

As time went on, almost all the directors for each scene and position was being filled - except for the Prayer Director.  "Why isn't someone doing that??!!" I moaned.  That is such a key role to even pulling off such a production like JH.  We can't do this without God's help!!  Someone had to come forward!!!  As time went on, I could just feel God's hand on my shoulder and Him saying "You do it."  Really?  I prayed about it for 2 weeks.  Then I called Joe to tell him I would do it.  I knew I wouldn't be able to do it like Della had.  She was so good!  But since God was prompting me, I knew He would help me.  

And so did my husband!!  Look at the picture below.  He is such a handy guy!  God put an idea in my mind to use the sofas and chairs from the Fireside room in the prayer room.  I wanted to make the room a quiet place, with soft lighting and soft worship music playing. I wanted people to feel free to come for either 10 minutes or for all evening.   They would be able to either pray with another person(s) or just quietly.  
I like to pray Scripture, so I printed out Scripture cards for each pray-er or prayer walker.   Perhaps you don't understand what I mean.  Basically, it is taking verses from the Bible and using them as a guide in praying.  Example:

"You have searched me, Lord, and You know me."  Psalm 139:1

Lord, You know each person who will come through this night.  You know their thoughts.  There is nowhere they can go where they can hide from You.  You love each one!!   Draw them to Yourself!"


Before JH began, I contacted scene directors to get prayer requests and would send out e-prayers to anyone who wanted to be a part of the prayer team.  We had an army of prayer warriors!  Prayers were answered!  We got actors and actress roles filled.  They couldn't find anyone to be the Jesus; in the end we had 4 guys!  An ambulance was found.  What fun to drive into the parking lot and find that God had answered prayers about finding extra lighting for the parking lot!  Uniforms were found for the cast members. People lost jobs but new jobs were found.  Several had mothers get VERY ill, but God sustained.  Then how about the night there was an 80% chance of rain?  We prayed and that held off until the last worker was leaving for the night after midnight!  We had LOTS of cast get ill.  I was reminded of the story of Gideon where his army was reduced from 32,000 men to 300! All to show that it was only by God that the victory was accomplished.  And we all saw that it was only by His hand we accomplished this!  In one scene, their cast was cut in half.  Luckily, in that scene, the kids use cell phones and they were able to put their lines on the cell phones!  Another scene had issues with their feet.  Two had surgeries prior to JH on their feet.  Then one night a girl's toe nail got yanked out - no clue how that happened.  Then a couple got broken toes.  Because this is the first scene where the Gospel is shared, I was reminded of that verse "Beautiful are the feet that bring Good News"!!!   It was incredible that Drew, with Aspergers just "happened" to be the actor when a group of teachers of autistic kids went through!!  Only God could have arranged everthing that happened!

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?"

 * * * * * * *
The Sunday before JH was to start, we had rehearsal in the sanctuary (not in the rooms which were still in process of being set up)



Jesus' hugs are the BEST!  It is probably the #1 reason people feel so captivated and drawn to Christ!
Here is my sweety doing his thing.

Worship and praise is a big part of Judgement House (JH).  We began each evening in praise.
Some evenings we would begin worship at 4 or 5 and at the beginning there might not be many people, but as they got off work or school or practice, they would file on in.





We sat across from this sweet family most times.  Luke was always curious where Mr. Allen was (if he was not there on time because of work).  Luke sometimes asks his mommy to drive him in to the hospital parking lot so he can see if Al's truck is parked there.  He always knows when Mr. Allen has a day off work!
 During worship, sweet little Kate would go through her diaper bag and dump things out!


Amy and Joe celebrated their anniversary during JH.

Allen and I are bummed by the dates of JH too since our Arkansas grand kids celebrate their birthdays during this time!!  Their birthdays are on the 27th and 29th!   We sent them their gifts.  And we called them on the phone to sing Happy Birthday to them.



 

* * * * * * *

Praying -

Each evening when JH would start, my pray-ers would arrive.  Some would be there just to pray in the prayer room, but others would come to pray a little, then they would walk around with the people and pray specifically for those who were attending. These were my prayer walkers.  In the beginning, I didn't have many but God answered prayers and supplied enough for me to have usually 2 walkers per group - 8 per hour for 5-7 hours!


 









We would place prayer requests on the board.  Sometimes scene directors or actors would text me with more prayer requests and these would be prayed over.


We would praise Him for His many answered prayers!  God is good!!!

At the end of the evening, some of us would go to the affirmation room to see where those who made decisions - either those who wanted to give their lives to God or those who wanted to rededicate their lives - would write on a sheet of paper to indicate their decision.


There were so many stories!  People who came on a whim.  Just compelled to come.  People who invited others and saw them raise hands to come to Christ.  People came from other countries even!




 111 people made the decision to follow Christ!

134 decided to renew their relationship with Him!


  1. Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
    Calling for you and for me;
    See, on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
    Watching for you and for me.
    • Refrain:
      Come home, come home,
      You who are weary, come home;
      Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
      Calling, O sinner, come home!
  2. Why should we tarry when Jesus is pleading,
    Pleading for you and for me?
    Why should we linger and heed not His mercies,
    Mercies for you and for me?
  3. Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing,
    Passing from you and from me;
    Shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming,
    Coming for you and for me.
  4. Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised,
    Promised for you and for me!
    Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
    Pardon for you and for me.


1 comment:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

What an awesome post about JH!!!! I pray we do it again -- I LOVE how it brings GCC together to achieve a common goal! And, I'm glad we were by you guys nearly every time at worship! Luke did like seeing Mr. Allen!