Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, December 28, 2013

snowy days and birds

We had a white Christmas this year.
Rare in Kansas.


 It was foggy in the morning.





This cardinal taps at our study window daily.

Female cardinal and junco - some of my favorites!




 My rain gauge froze up.
 
 As the temperatures warmed up, it began to melt.


Things will really melt today as the high is supposed to be 57 degrees!  But this is Kansas and tomorrow the high is said to be 24 degrees.

I think these Canada geese are wintering here once again.


I have a lot of little birdies outside my kitchen window.  As I was doing dishes, I heard them making quite a commotion.  I looked out to see this!


 A cooper hawk.  Just sitting on my bird feeder!
 Luckily those little birdies know how to hide among the rose bushes!


Safe to come out now!



For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.


No comments: