Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, April 14, 2014

Early Easter

We had an early Easter with the family this weekend.  Adam's brother is arriving from Wisconsin this week and will be here over Easter so Jill's family would be busy next weekend.
 We decided to meet at Mom's so we could just wheel Dad over from his room at the home across the street.
I went over on Saturday and took over most of the food and the Easter baskets for the children.  
The grounds at the home was just gorgeous!

 A beautiful day!

Sunday morning began quite pleasant, but storms were expected.  They rolled in shortly after church with rain and hail, but it was short-lived.  But along with that storm, the temperatures dropped so it was quite chilly by the time we got together.

The children received their Easter baskets, filled with goodies.  Coloring pages of the resurrection of our Lord - the real meaning of this most glorious day!, packages of bug shaped crackers, and of course, a chocolate bunny!, new stuffed animals, ....

I sent a package of goodies to my Arkansas grand kids too since they couldn't be here.


 
Silly Aunt Mindy! 

Time for the egg hunt!
Of course, we put some eggs in obvious places for Claire.



The older girls had to look a little harder.



 Counting how many she has found.

Time to eat!




The girls wanted to go back outside.


 Who lives here?

 The girls are so happy after they are fed and are playing outside!


The rest of the family was watching the Masters Golf tournament.
That sounded good to me.  The temperatures kept dropping and it was getting so cold!!  I believe I was the one who was more bothered by it.  The girls could have kept playing.  But they didn't complain - too much.


 

My heart is so full to know that Christ came to this earth to save, to rescue.  He conquered death!  His love is overwhelming to me!

I love the pictures of this book - Peter's First Easter by Wangerin.
I put it out on my coffee table at this time of year.

I serve a risen Saviour,
He's in the world today;
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him
He's always near.

He lives, He lives, 
Christ Jesus lives 
today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart.

No comments: