Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, January 31, 2015

Last dinner - sukiyaki

Before Mom passed away, we had made plans to have a sukiyaki dinner at the duplex for Christmas.



After the funeral, we knew we just HAD to have it before we cleaned out the duplex.   This would be a final time for the whole family to be together at Mom's place.


I asked my Dad to give the prayer.  Since Dad has had his strokes, his speech is not the best.  Often can't find the words to say.  I debated whether to ask considering his frame of mind/lack of words, but I just had to.  Even if all he could say was "Thank You, Father".

The prayer he gave was incredible!  I nearly burst into tears.  Almost supernatural! God gave him the words to speak such a beautiful blessing on our family and gave the Lord thanks for all He has done.

 Dad had an accident before he was married and has had these 2 false teeth that he likes to pop out of his mouth.  I grew up with him doing it all the time as a joke.  The kids were amazed by it!
 We had Dad open his gifts.  (can you believe I am finally going to be posting about Christmas?)
 

What a wonderful time we had.  And a little sad, missing Mom.






No comments: