Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, April 11, 2015

A move


Mindy has always wanted to live in Colorado.


Why would anyone want to live there?  (being facetious)

Well, the opportunity presented itself, so last week we loaded up her things.
Not easy as she lived on a 2nd floor.  
But there were some strong fellas who did the majority of the lifting.


 We wondered if it would all fit in - but it did!!  (do you see Al scratching his head?!)


"Moving again?" Xander wonders, as he roams the empty apartment.  
Actually, he does a great job with traveling and goes with the flow.
I bet he is a cat that has moved more times than almost any cat around!


Good-bye my sweet daughter!!  Denver seems so far away (Google map says 6 hours and 56 minutes).   I am sure we will make this trip many times over the next years!

Mindy sent this picture of the view from her new place!   Pretty awesome!!  See those mountains in the distance?

Kansas has been having storms lately - although not as bad as the ones that hit Illinois this week. 

After the storm that hit us last week, Jay Prater, the weather guy on the tv, came to town to help people set up their weather alert radios.  I had one of those radios that I got from Mom, but I didn't know how to set it up since it didn't come with directions.  So I joined the crowds at Orscheln's.


 

A friend told me I could have just put the app on my phone.  So I did that too.  This past Wednesday evening, both the radio and my phone went off!!   We hunkered down in the basement, but the storm petered out before it came to town.  So grateful!

When Mindy called us last evening, she told us that her land lord in Wichita told her that the storm damaged the roof of her apartment!  So I guess I'm grateful that she is in Colorado!


No comments: