Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, May 18, 2015

Birds

I enjoy the birds in the springtime!

We've had a beautiful spring in Kansas this year.  Usually we go from winter to the hot summer.  But not this year.  Lots of nice cool weather.

 Mr. Cardinal has been persistent in tapping at our window.


 I'd think he would give up.  Evidently, cardinals are very territorial of the area where they are nesting.  So they are trying to defend their territory.  I guess he sees the reflection in the window as a rival.

You can rub soap on the window, or put up a screen outside.


It helps a little.  Although he just finds other windows to attack.
And washes it away.  And we've had a lot of rain lately.




Bath time


I'm not so fond of the grackles.  Mainly because they like to get in my birdfeeder and scatter the food all over.  They will empty out a bird feeder in all one day!

But my granddaughter once told me "But Nana, God made these birds too!!"



How I praise the great Creator, 
Who did make this world so fair;
As I scan the realm of nature
I can see His image there.


 The neighbor kitty came to investigate one day.



One day I could hear a click clack sound from inside the house. 
 The sparrows were trying to make a nest in our fire place flue!

We wrapped it up in saran wrap for the time being 


God made perfectly good trees for your nests, birdies!
 This robin's nest has unfortunately seen 2 eggs fall out already.  Sad.






I have many more bird/nature pictures to share...  More to come!

No comments: