Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, March 13, 2016

We love the zoo!

The girls had a day off of school last week so we all went off to the zoo
 while their mommy shopped in the big city!

Entrance to the zoo




We like to bring the wagon along just in case one gets tuckered out.

Plus we bring our lunch along and that would be too heavy to carry.

The day we went was a little bit chilly so we wore our jackets most of the time.
 At our zoo, the first thing you come to are the flamingos.

The girls were all into actions that day.

We generally get maps to carry along.
We know the zoo lay out, but we like maps!
There are maps along the route and the girls enjoy seeing where we are.

This day we went to see the chimps first.  
They happen to be one of my favorite



Next, we decided to go to the rain forest.
We were rather chilly and that is indoors.  



Hannah enjoys taking pictures and took a lot of these!



















These bats just fly and crawl around over us!  Yeek!!


Under water tunnel


This flower almost looks like some creature with an open mouth!
 
 
The zoo is close to the Wichita airport so one sees many planes
 Hannah began taking several selfies.  I've never tried that with my Nikon.  Just with my smart phone.  Actually, I can't take a good selfie for anything.  They are just laughable pictures and my daughter says I should do a post with all my crazy selfies.  Nope.
My granddaughter had to point out that this was actually 2 snakes wrapped around eachother.
See the 2 heads?

 I do NOT like wolves.  Too many horror stories from our ancestors.  These guys frighten me!

Know the difference between a bison and a buffalo?
Is there a difference?
According to livescience.com, "Early American settlers called bison "bufello" due to the similar appearance between the two animals, and the name "buffalo" stuck for the American variety.  But it's wrong.  The American bison lives only in North America, while the two main buffalo species reside in Africa and Asia."

Tigers coming next.
In another post.

No comments: