Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, November 30, 2017

Churches and houses on the road

On our trip to Wisconsin, via off roads, we drove past many churches.








All different kinds of churches, all different kinds of people.  I remember one Sunday morning thinking what it might look like to see from outer space each and every person going to church all over the world, praising and worshiping Christ the Lord!  What a sight that would be!  

                       Let heaven and earth praise Him;
                                 let saints and angels praise Him.
                            Let God's church throughout all the world praise Him!
                       Let all the tongues and tribes of the earth praise Him!





This is a courthouse.  I think it is amazing!  I'm so sad that our city tore down our old historic courthouse. 




And some pretty spiffy (that's an old-school word) houses!  When I was a kid, I wanted to be an architect when I grew up.  I used to spend hours designing houses.  And I did design our house, but I never did go to architecture school.  I have no inclination to do it now.  But I sure enjoy watching HGTV!


The house in the picture below is actually on the Rand McNally Road Atlas.
It is called the Dow House and is off Highway 30 by Dow City, Iowa.

The Simon E. Dow House is a historic house located in Dow City, Iowa. The two-story, 13-room, red brick house was built in 1872 by Simon E. Dow, who in 1869 co-founded Dow City and later became one of its leading businessmen. 

 I LOVE this!!

No comments: