Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, March 1, 2018

Japan connections

My parents went to Japan as missionaries many years ago.  I was "made in Japan".  I have a heart for the land and its' peoples.  


Here is a story with some twists and turns.  Such connections!  When I attended boarding school at CAJ (Christian Academy in Japan) in Tokyo, one room-mate I had for a semester was Mary Lou.  She was easy to get along with. 


One year Mary Lou's family was on furlough to the States.  Their family went to a church in Iowa to tell the people there about Japan.  

In that church listening to this talk was a young girl named Luann.  Luann decided that she would pray for Mary Lou's family and also for the people who lived by them in that little town.

And in that village lived my friend Chiyoko!  

Her house was only 10 minutes walk from Mary Lou's house and the church only 3 minutes away!  So, indirectly, Luann was praying for Chiyoko!  Chiyoko took English classes from Mary Lou's parents.  And she would one day come to the States as an exchange student.  Here in America she became a believer in Christ!  An answer to Luann's prayers!  She is now married and attending the church we attended when we lived in Wichita!  We met through Japan Christian fellowship.

Several years ago, we invited several people with Japan connections to our home for dinner.

My parents were still both living then.  With Aunt Belva.  3 missionaries to Japan.








 Here they are in their early years.  Aunt Belva is on the right holding baby Patty.  My mom is next to her holding my brother, baby Doug.

At this meal, I met someone new.  Sarah.


I found out that Sarah was wanting to go to Japan as a missionary.  I also heard about Luann.  So I began to pray for them.

On Sunday evening, I went with Japanese friends to a commissioning service for my friend, Mayuko, who will be going to Japan as a missionary.  She came to the States to college and became a Christian here.  Now, she is going back to Japan to serve there!







































And there I met Sarah again!  And guess what?  My prayers have been answered because she is going to Japan as a missionary!  And I found out that Luann and her family are also there!  God is at work!


Mayuko and Sarah have just gotten to know eachother and being about the same age, hope to continue a friendship in Japan!

The pastor of this church just happened to have served in Japan also and knows some of my friends who are still there! 

 This is a small world!

Would you pray for Japan too?  For an explosion of His Spirit to penetrate and infiltrate and bring hope to this country?  Most of the missionaries in Japan are over 50.  Pray for a new generation to take the Gospel, the Good News, to the Land of the Rising Sun!  May it become the Land of the Rising Son!

No comments: