Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, May 7, 2018

"Tremendous!"

The bird walk this week was going to be early, like at 6:30 am!  I debated whether to go or not.  But as it was, I woke up at 5:40 am.  So I drove to our meeting place.

Hmm.  No cars or people around.  I looked at the e-mail again and saw that this month it was the 2nd Saturday, not the 1st!  I hadn't read the e-mail close enough!  

Later that morning it was our neighborhood clean-up day.
 There were quite a few people who came out to help and we got lots accomplished!

 After lunch, Al and I went downtown to the car show.

Sweet!  Similar to Grandma Bretz' car, only hers was a salmon color.

 I love this!
 Look at the tail pipe!
 Reminds me of Shrek!

 The peanut truck was there!
Sunday morning we heard our pastor's sermon on the ark.  So very good!!   And we watched Community Church's service and I bawled listening to the young girls' testimonies before their baptism.  And the missionary's talk was so uplifting to me!!

On Sunday afternoon, I went to hear Bethel College Master Works.  They performed Bach's Magnificat and Mozart's Requiem.
May I say it was "tremendous"??  That was a word my mother used frequently!  And speaking of my mother, there was a lady in the audience that looked like my mother!  The lady in purple in front of the empty seat.  She had the same hair and physique as Mom and lilac was her favorite color!  It took my breath away!
 That evening, we went to help at the nursing home with hymn sing.  We wheel the wheelchair folk to the chapel and help them with finding the hymns if they need it.  And we try to give encouraging words too.   What wonderful hymns we sang!  They sang loudly and joyfully!  Michael did a great, or should I say "tremendous" job playing the hymns!  And the song leader too!  His love for Jesus just shined!
 When I asked Willard how he was doing, he said he was in sorrow.  His sister had passed away.  The words to the songs we sang this evening must have brought him much comfort.





















Father, please comfort him as he mourns.  He will miss her phone calls!

I have told my husband that although he may miss me if I should die first (at least maybe a little?), I want him to have my funeral be a party.  I've even told them to get out the party hats at the service!

When I die, I will have gone HOME!  In Christ's presence!  I will be more alive than ever!  I know I will be filled with joy and can't wait to see Mom and Dad and Aunt Millie and others.  Daniel (from the lion's den), Ruth, Rahab, Bezalel, Jonah, and hear their stories!  Believing and knowing for sure the Bible's promise about eternity in heaven, reading Randy Alcorn's "Heaven" and John Eldredge's "All Things New" have made me so excited for what happens next!  My last breath on earth will be my first in heaven!

It will be
TREMENDOUS!


No comments: