Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, June 25, 2018

Driving to Dauphin Island

I woke up at 4am with a bad dream.  But I wasn't sure if it was a dream or if it was real.  I thought Al told me he got a phone call that Jill had been bit by a bug and might need to be hospitalized.  So since I wasn't sure if it was real or not, I prayed for my daughter!  We were all leaving for Dauphin Island, but if she were hospitalized, their family would not be able to come!

 When Al woke up, he assured me it was just a dream!

 All our bags were packed and set by the door the night before and Al loaded up our vehicle that morning.  The car was FULL!!  No way could we fly down to Dauphin with all we were dragging with us!
 On the way!  Leaving Kansas behind....



 Much of the wheat was being harvested.
 Sometimes this led to having to slow down.
We were on 2-lane roads much of the day.  We like to take roads we have never been on before just to see this country.  Like County road M east of Pittsburg.

Pretty wild flowers growing on the side of the road.


Corn

Cattle seeking relief from the summer heat. 
 To pass the time, I read from the compilation of newspaper articles from Pandora/Bluffton, Ohio from the 1900s.  We got some pretty good laughs!



We also listened to '60s music.

"I Wanna Hold Your Hand" with the Beatles
"I Got You Baby" Sonny and Cher
Chug a lug lug (talking about root beer) by Beach Boys

These songs were so fun and not songs about killing cops or some such awful songs as you can hear today.  But Al did remind me of Bob Dylan's "Everybody Got to Get Stoned".


























 I don't recall that I've ever seen a triangular cloud before.

We got off the 2-lane road and onto the highway.  Busy, busy highway!

 People going every which way!


Then back onto country roads again.

There are Swiss-German Old Order Amish in Seymour, MO.  There are some Grabers too, who are most likely distantly related to us, as our roots take us back to the Amish back from the times before we immigrated to America.

 We drove through some small towns.
 Lots of trees!  What a beautiful country we live in!

We saw some interesting things loaded on the backs of trucks.
HUGE tires
























Cinderella's carriage?

??

To be continued....

No comments: