Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, January 7, 2019

Donuts, games and the movies

Claire woke up really early Thursday morning.  I sent Adam back to bed and she and I snuggled and I got her some breakfast too.  

When the others woke up, Mindy and Jason made a run to Drubers.  Mindy loves Drubers, our local donut shop (don't we all?!) and every time they come back to town, she makes sure to put in an order.   We used to take the kids back in the 1980s when we moved to town.  And now our grandchildren also like them!

Here is a picture when we took all the grandkids back in 2017.

These are my 2 favorites kinds!  

 Al likes the peanut butter with nuts.



It was rather brisk morning out, but Claire wanted to go for a walk and so we bundled up.

There was a puddle under the swing.
How sad.

So we went back home.  
I have a little swing under the deck.

We played some games.


Guess what's in the box?
Not sure why the guys closed their eyes.
You can't see what's in the box.
Maybe it helps with concentration.
You have to guess before the timer goes off.

Dress up time!




Clue - Jason is competitive and  ALWAYS seems to win.


Someone needed a nap.
 In the evening, Adam and Jill went to Wichita with friends.  Mindy and Jason went to see some family of his.  And we took the girls to see "Mary Poppins Returns"!
 It was fun, but I don't think you can't beat the original!
It was the very first movie I ever watched in a movie theatre!  I saw it in Japan in 1964 when I was in the 4th grade.  My parents didn't approve of movies but we had gone to another missionary family's home for the weekend and they didn't know that so they took us.  

Here are some fun facts I found about the original movie:

Her hair in the movie was "practically perfect in every way," but did you know it was a wig? She wore a dark wig to cover her blonde hair. 
At the start of the film, before Mary Poppins appears at 17 Cherry Lane, a scene shows dozens of nannies applying for the job. What you might not know is that many of them were actually stunt men dressed as women to deal with the gust of wind that blew them away.
Actor David Tomlinson played Mr. Banks and also voiced the parrot head on Mary Poppins' umbrella, but he wasn't the only one doing double duty.

The 2nd movie I saw, our parents took us!  It was "The Sound of Music" the following year.

I guess my parents decided that it was okay to see good films.  They even bought us the records that we listened to over and over!  I still have them!

No comments: