Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, January 26, 2019

January birds

I love getting pictures of birds that visit our home!

Goldfinch
As Spring comes, the goldfinch will turn more and more yellow.
By summer, he is a bright yellow!

Goldfinch and house finch
House finch and Junco

 The Junco is a winter bird; a type of sparrow.  This is the slate-colored race.

Cardinal and sparrow (it is so cute!!)

Flicker 


                                                      Female downy woodpecker


Sweet little sparrow

The chickadee
It makes a tse tse tse sound.  Also a whistle - "so sweet" it calls



I've been trying to photograph an elusive wren, but it is so flighty!  One day I'll have my camera ready when he appears!  This morning I heard his loud, bubbly cry and got my camera ready, but I never did see it.
Marjolein Bastin paints the cutest wrens!

A cooper hawk in the willow - enemy of these little birds
They fly into bushes to escape.

As Christians, we also have an enemy.  1 Peter 5:8  "Be sober-minded; be watchful.  Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

I think about how a hawk soars to and fro, or sits in a branch with his keen eye, just watching.  Just waiting to see a mouse or little bird he can go after.  Likewise, Satan. 

 "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me." 
                                                                               Psalm 50 15

"For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; He will conceal me under the cover of His tent; He will set me high upon a rock."        Psalm 27:5

He is our Rescuer!  
                Our Protector. 
                         Our Shield. 
                                  Our Defender! 
                                            Our Deliverer.  

No comments: