Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, February 23, 2019

Tracking coyotes

We had a beautiful snowfall this week.  A few schools were closed so my young mother's Bible study was cancelled.  

Allen told me he heard some coyotes during the night.  (Do you pronounce it kai-oh-tee or kai-yote?)

"It'd be a great day to track coyotes with the snow on the ground!" he remarked.
I knew he'd probably rather enjoy hunting than having to go to work.
But he was suggesting that I track them??


I thought it would actually be a great day to get out and take snow pictures!




Ummm.  Are those coyote tracks?  Crossing our bridge?
I sent a picture to Al.


"Yes"


I followed the tracks...but I admit I was scared.
Maybe I should pick up a stick just in case?  To beat them if they attack?  
Would I be brave enough to do that?  Hmmm.

The tracks were on the snow covered path behind our house, toward the brush pile.
I didn't want to get too close so I turned around.
 

 Well, there were tracks over on this side too.  There were 3 coyotes.




 Hard to see the tracks in this picture, but they were there.
Just taking a stroll along the path of our pond.

They crossed this bridge.


Looks like they went across 81.   

 Ice pattern on the lake





I had lost the tracks for awhile, but now here they were again, this time on the north side of the pond.

 They went up to the brush pile. 
Al later told me that they were probably sniffing out bunnies there.








I was sure hoping that they weren't any where close!  I suppose maybe their bellies were full but I kept a look out! 

























Seriously, they creep me out!  
(not my photo, obviously.  If I saw one, I'd be on the run!!!  I would not be taking a picture!   Oh wait, they say you shouldn't run.  Just back away nice and easy.  Uh-huh.  Right.  Ha!)






 I was back at our house.  Look!  Tracks here too! 
 Those coyotes had been in OUR back yard!!

Chasing rabbits!
 Even under our deck!  Sort of freaky!

Before going inside, I set out some sunflower seeds for the birds.



I prefer birdie tracks to coyote tracks!

It looks like the coyote was chasing the bunny to our front door!


If the bunny had rung our doorbell, I would have given him refuge!


No comments: