Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, February 7, 2019

What one does when it is -50 windchill!

When Jill had asked me to come to their home to help while they went to the conference, I said "Of course!"  I asked for a schedule of what all I would need to do.  Oh my goodness!  Cello and violin lessons, piano practice, play practice almost every night, youth group, crossing guard duty, 2 basketball games, a spelling bee, and a hair appointment for me.  Wow.

BUT...

almost everything was cancelled due to wind chills of -50 degrees!!  There had been no school on Monday due to so much snow and now no school for 2 days more days; no lessons, no play practice....

SO

we baked cookies

played dolls


practiced our instruments



learned splatter painting with a toothbrush

played school - Claire loves to be the teacher!
did experiments like making popsicles out in the snow



and throwing boiling water into the air to see it vaporize!


Claire made a slushy from snow and grape juice

We exercised to a dance video I brought

Made home-made pizzas
waitress Claire

and Hannah updated the chalk board with a new verse


I was sad to miss out on the basketball games and the spelling bee!

Meanwhile in Florida.... 


No comments: