Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, April 22, 2019

Good excuse!

"Are you sitting down?" Al asked on the cell phone.  Allen had called while I was driving up to Wisconsin, and my first thought was that someone had died.

He sent me a picture.
Seriously?  I left my clothes bag at home??  Usually I set it out by the suitcase that I am about to load, but for some reason, we had hung it on Al's clothing rack.   You know what that means??

SHOPPING!


So, on Saturday Hannah and I went to a thrift store and a 2nd hand consignment store.  Then the whole family went to Kohl's and did some more shopping!  I found something to wear to church.  I wasn't worried about knock around for the week (I could always borrow from the kids), but Kohl's did have some things on sale!  

Adam and Jill were going with several staff/elders to a conference in Indianapolis the next day and Jill wanted to make this Crispix treat for everyone to eat on the road.  You make it in a paper bag!


Crispix Snack
1 box Crispix cereal
2 cups mixed nuts are any variation
      Place in brown grocery bag
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo syrup
      Boil for 2 minutes.  Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and boil until it thickens and bubbles up.
Pour over cereal in bag.  
Shake it up (see photo above).  
Microwave 2 minutes.
Shake again.  
Microwave another 2 minutes.
Shake and spread on wax paper or cookie sheet.  (we did both)
We also doubled the recipe.


 This stuff is SO GOOD!!!

On Sunday morning, we had church.
 Then it was time for mommy and daddy to say good-bye to the girls.
 I took them out to eat.  We got Arby's for Claire and then we ate at Panera's.




We had a blast walking (and dancing!) around Target! 

Found an Easter dress for Claire.



We didn't buy this - she just wanted to try it on for fun!
Superpowers!! 

Hannah tried on all kinds of clothes for fun too, and talked Sophia into it too.
We had some pretty good laughs!

I remember as a teenager going into exclusive shops in Shinjuku (Tokyo) and trying on some pricey things.  Like we missionary kids could EVER afford those clothes!  But it was fun!!


I was looking forward to this next week with these silly girls!


No comments: