Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, June 7, 2019

Loving the birds here!

How I enjoy the birds!  My kids call my place the "bird sanctuary".



One morning I heard the loud call of a Carolina wren.  For such a tiny creature, it sure has a LOUD call!


 It was close by!  Peeking out the bedroom window, I saw it in my neighbor's vine that was wrapped around their stairs.  See it?       On the edge of the vine.  As I checked my camera to make sure I got a clear photo, I noticed another bird.  Rather, birds, plural.



Another look out and I saw lots of little baby sparrows!  I didn't see all of them at first as they blended in.

 A male downy woodpecker enjoying some nuts.
(female downy does not have red spot on head)

We have had lots of barn swallows!




We've taped foil strips above our speakers on the deck
so they won't build a nest there!  They were not happy.











What kind of "bird" is this?



My mother taught me this song.  Do you know it?:

The birdies in the tree tops sing their song,
The angels chant their chorus all  day long,
The flowers in the garden blend their hue
So why don't I, why don't you, praise Him too!

Psalm 66:4, ESV 
All the earth worships You and sings praises to You; they sing praises to Your name.

No comments: