Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, January 5, 2020

Our "Christmas day"

Although most people celebrate Christmas on the 25th, we waited, of course, for the children to come "home".  Well, to our home.  None of our children lived in this house. (Oh, I guess I can't say that.  Jill's family lived with us when they moved to Newton while they waited for their house in Green Bay to sell.)

This house was built after all our kids had all flown the coop!  The grandchildren only remember this house as where we have lived.   HOME is where family is; where we gather.


Everyone wanted to go to Druber's first thing the morning after arriving.

 Druber's is our local donut shop.


Hannah was probably reminiscing of days when she was a little girl and used to come here and sit in this very same little chair that swirls around.

 I found pictures of past years when the grandchildren enjoyed Druber's donuts.

They still love donut goodness!

The grown-ups do too!


When we got home, it was time to ope gifts.  "Santa" made his appearance and was greeted by a couple of fierce warriors!  He passed out the stockings and made his get-away!



 Mindy was telling us about this scrubbie that Jason's family swears by.  
I'll have to get one to try out.



I was a little in disbelief (can you see my face? -  "A camera?" I was a little confused!)  Al got me another camera so I don't have to switch out lenses all the time when we are adventuring!  It is a hassle going from a big lens to a smaller one, back and forth, especially when I know I will miss a shot before I get it changed.  Al is so good to me!!


Every year, Allen gets a box of chocolate covered cherries from Jill - with one missing.  Back when she was pregnant with Hannah, she bought a box of these and ended up eating the whole box before she could wrap it!  So she bought another box, and still had to snitch one more out of that box!  Those pregnancy cravings, you know...

 Elijah painted a Christmas photo for us!  I will hang it up every year!








 Hannah got a wood burning set and burned hearts on the cities all the kids live in and our hometown too.  I am pointing to the city Mindy and Jason will be moving to later this month.   They will be S O O O   F A R away!!

 One plus will be that I see adventures to California in future years!



 These two!

Hannah burned this wood piece for her Papa.

 She thought it was funny that a possum came to our small group one evening.

 Papa picked him up by the tail and took him back to the field behind our home.

Eli was so excited about his I-pod and I love it that he e-mails me now!





I made toys for the grandpups.
And here they are with their toys:

Kobi

Bear

Joby



No comments: