Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Sunday, June 7, 2020

Day 3 - Our last Sunday on-line services

Before church (at home, because of COVID), Josh went for a run.  Stretching before the run.

"Play with me, Uncle Josh!"

Maybe Hannah will!

Kobi needed to do his thing outside.
He got a little tangled up.

At 9, we listened to Community Church on-line.
Their last Sunday before meeting together in an outdoor service.

 Between services, we had our own worship time.






Claire and I also sang our version of "Do you love Jesus?"
Me:  Oh, Claire do you love Jesus?
Claire:  Oh yes I love Jesus!
Me:  Are you sure you love Jesus?
Claire: Yes, I'm sure I love Jesus!
Me:  And why do you love Jesus?
Claire: I'll tell you the reason,
Because He first loved me!
We both sing:
Oh, how I love Jesus,
Oh, how I love Jesus,
Oh, how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!

We told them how when I put Claire to bed, we sing this song and add verses for EVERY person in the family.  Claire knows it puts off bedtime!
We demonstrated:

"Oh Papa do you love Jesus?"
Claire in a very deep voice sang back "Oh yes I love Jesus."

Then we did one for Hannah.  It is just as normal but ends with Claire pretending to be Hannah: "I need to get back to my phone!"



"Attending" New Heights church




 We went to Braum's for lunch.

We noticed some people dressed like they had been at church.  In talking with them, they said their church had started back up that morning.



Back at home, we played some games.




 Eli taught Claire how to make movies with her phone

We planned our family vacation!
We had been thinking about Michigan, but ended up back at Dauphin Island!

 Rain clouds were popping up all around.

 Eli wanted to play badmitten anyway so he set it up.



 I love willow trees!  It is a great place to hide in.

 Nerf wars again!






Emeri and Sophia made supper - chicken fettucini, caesar salad and bread sticks!


 In the evening, after playing "murder in the dark" once again (that never gets old), we played an improv game where 2 people act out any scene they make up on the spot.  Another person who gets a new idea, jumps in and acts out another scene.



Pretty hilarious!


What family games do you like to do?

No comments: