Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Bread of Life

When traveling to Wisconsin, we generally leave early in the morning.  But my women's Bible study was beginning this new study of the "I AM" statements of Jesus, recorded in the Gospel of John.  I surely did not want to miss it!
  

The first "I AM" statement took us to Exodus 3 where God told Moses that His Name is "I AM".  Not "I was".  He IS!

God desires to be all we need and all we want.  


When the children of Israel were in the desert, they began to grumble against Moses instead of turning to God, the One Who promised to provide and sustain.  But God Who is our Daily Bread, provided for them with manna, a special bread that rained down from heaven.  EVERY day! (Except the Sabbath, but He would provide double portion the day before.)  He alone could provide for them.  

Ruby did not have manna, but she did bring many types of breads for our morning "snack"!!  It was amazing!  



She even had spreads from Israel!


“I AM the Bread of Life” John 6:35

Ruby had also made some unleavened bread and we had communion to remind us that the Bread of Life was broken for us on the cross.


I went home and finished packing up the car.  After prayers for the journey, I took off for Wisconsin.  This would be the last time I would be driving this car there.


I made a stop at Dale's Supermarket in Hillsboro for sausage for the kids.


As I drove through the Flint Hills, it was quite smoky.  Each year ranchers burn off dead grass in their pastures to encourage the growth of new grass for the cattle. 



To pass the time on the way, I listened to talk radio, some sermons, Christian music and classical music.  I also reviewed some verses and spent time in prayer for people.  


Along the way I saw quite a bit of road kill; lots of deer and also several coyotes, one that was all white!  Quite unusual.   Kept my eyes open for any critters that might dart across the road.  

I also saw a mattress set all broken up.  I called Al to tell him to be sure the mattress in the back of his pickup was tied in good!


I got to Des Moines, the half-way mark, just as it was getting dark.  I like to watch HGTV (we don't have cable so this is always fun to look forward to.)  

Drive to continue...


No comments: