Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, May 8, 2021

Adventuring on our trip to Arkansas

When we were in Arkansas, we attended our son's church.  He played the keys.   

Jude, who is from Haiti, sang part of a worship song in Creole.  They put the English words up so we knew what he was singing.  I LOVED it!  I enjoyed visiting with him after church.  

In 2016, my granddaughter and I went to Haiti to work with a children's ministry.


After church, the guys began working on the deck again and I had a shopping date with Emeri.  She took me to a "thrift" store where she tried on multiple clothing and purchased a few.  


As I was looking through some of the clothing, I saw these plaids.  I had the exact same plaids when I was in my 20's, in the 1970's!  I had a red/black plaid skirt and black plaid slacks!  (I looked to see if I had any pictures in my old albums, but we just didn't take pictures back in those days like we do now.)

We both love ice-cream so we hit up an ice-cream shop!


There was a hill that I spied from where we were eating.  I asked Emeri if she knew what was on that hill.  She didn't, so we decided to go on an adventure and check it out.


There was a beautiful neighborhood with crushed gravel roads!




We went to a couple more stores.  I cannot recall why we are in an aisle with potty chairs.  Hmm.

When we got home, Emeri gave a fashion show.


The Bible talks about clothing:  

In Matthew 6:31-33, it says "So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need." 

It was fun to shop for clothes, but of more importance, is that we "clothe yourselves..with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is so precious to God." 1 Peter 3:4 and "put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  Colossians 3:12.  

Then from Eph 6 13-17:  "put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger], and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious]. So stand firm and hold your ground, having tightened the wide band of truth (personal integrity, moral courage) around your waist and having put on the breastplate of righteousness (an upright heart), and having strapped on your feet the gospel of peace in preparation [to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news]. Above all, lift up the [protective] shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil oneAnd take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."

These things are much more important, but it sure was fun to shop with my granddaughter!!  I wish we lived closer, but all our grandchildren live far away.


On Monday, Emeri had to go to school early so we gave her good-bye kisses the night before.   Before starting up on the deck again, the family played some basketball.

While Josh and Al worked on the deck, Eli and I played Sequence and Pente.  Then he needed to do his schoolwork.  They were going to go kayaaking after Emeri got off school.


We left after lunch, stopping in Rogers to see Uncle Bill.  I'm glad he lives right on the way to Josh's!


He showed us this old adding machine that Grandpa used in his shop and later at his home.  An old fashioned "calculator"!  


We found a new Starbucks.  However, we won't be using this road much longer as they are building the highway to by-pass this area.



We have driven this road for many years, and did not realize that Amish lived close to Parsons.  We drove around to explore.  

We have Amish roots way way way back in the 1700's.


We will need to go back soon to meet the new member of their family that they just adopted!  Reggie!!


No comments: