Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Getting a baby fix!

It's been a long time since there was a baby in the family.  I'm always up for a baby fix!!



It had been 9 years since our last grandchild was a baby.  And our oldest is now 16.

Claire


Elijah


Sophia and Emeri


Hannah, who made me a Nana first.

Jason needed to travel for work so I was invited out to help Mindy while he was gone.  Jason called every day to talk to Tenley.  Sometimes she was not awake, but he needed to see her at any rate.  He just loves his girls!

Mindy is such a good mommy!





We went for walks.

My style of home.  I could live here.  Where do we live when we downsize?  Colorado?  Wisconsin?  Arkansas?  Pretty Prairie?  Stay where we are?  Well, we won't worry about it yet.  The Lord will guide us when the time comes.


We won't be living in a K-State house though.






Each morning while Mindy slept a little longer, I cuddled and loved on Tenley.  I sang her sweet little songs.  I love this "Nursery Songbook" for children by Katherine Royer/Norma Hostetler put out by Gospel Publishers, first published in 1935!  


Sing little children, sing, sing,
Sing little children sing.
God is good, He cares for you.
Sing little children, sing.

                Love one another, love one another,
                This is the happy way,
                Love one another.
                    vs. 2 Help one another
                    vs. 3 Share with one another

Sweet little songs to teach children about loving Jesus and living for Him.  I sing these to the little children at church.  My grandchildren knew all these songs and would sing them in the car with the CD.


I purchased this book for Mindy.  I used it to pray for each of my children and now for my grandchildren!  It is now reprinted for it's 20th anniversary.  The BEST gift for any young parent!


Jason came back a day early.  His brother, Brandon, from Lawrence, also flew out and the 3 brothers enjoyed being together to celebrate Cameron's birthday.

Mindy and I decided to go shopping.  



An adorable place!

Too soon, it was time to fly home.
Sadness.

But not for long!  I'll be back!!


1 comment:

Nicci Prinkey said...

This is such a blessing. Tenley is so beautiful, and Mindy is so happy. I love to see that smile on her face. I am so happy that you got to visit and get the time to spend with the girls. I don’t blame you for wanting to downsize, and any one of those locations would be perfect. The house in the first picture looks almost exactly like the one we own. I think that is so funny and such a cute coincidence. I would love to be able to go out and visit Mindy, Tenley, and her husband one day when I finally have some free time. I could make it a two four being that my step sister Emmy doesn’t live to far away from Mindy. I would also love to see the area. Children truly are the greatest gift, and Grandchildren are a hard second to the greatest joys we are given. I will have to purchase the book myself, and thank you for the suggestion. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers.