Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, November 20, 2021

Smile

"A smile is the quickest way to brighten a room." 

That what was written on the inside wrapper of the chocolate that Claire had  placed on my pillow case.   

My first morning there, Adam took Sophia to her cello lessons and Jill, Claire and I went shopping to fill up our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  I decided to shop for a girl just Claire's age, so she helped me decide what to put inside my box.  We do this every year!

One year though, our church did our own Christmas boxes to take to a children's home in Haiti.  Hannah and I went and helped deliver these boxes!



After lunch, I took Hannah and Sophia out.  Correction - Hannah took us out.  She is 16 and driving, after all!  She first took me to the Starbucks where she works and she got me some coffee!



Then we went shopping!


Sophia is growing an avocado plant.  She started it from the pit!  I'm impressed!


I collect birds, but Sophia collects ducks!



Hannah has done some free hand painting in her room.  Pretty nice!




Not sure where Claire was...


Sunday morning, Jill and Adam left early for church.  We realized that the 3 of us were dressed in the same colour theme.


We were excited to have Kyle, their new worship pastor, back.  He had been quite ill with Covid - hospitalized - and it was evident that God had put His hand of healing on him.  The doctors were surprised how quickly he recovered.  I told him that my ladies at Bible study had been praying for him also.


Claire taking sermon notes; highlighting verses.

After church, Adam and Jill left for their retreat.
We went to Hannah's Wizard of Oz play at the highschool.



Poppies



Good job, Hannah!



You girls make me smile!

No comments: