Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Tripping home - company leaving, company coming!

 The receptionist at the hotel I stayed at in Hannibal was the sweetest, kindest young lady!  The receptionist at the hotel I stayed at on the way to Ohio however, acted like I was a bother to her.  I told this receptionist how much it meant to me that she was so welcoming!  It brought tears to her eyes.  I believe it is important, isn't it, to tell someone when you appreciate them?  Kind words mean a lot!

After checking into my room, I took a shower and settled down to do some studying to teach Bible study.  HGTV was calling (we can't watch it at home since we have "poor man's tv") but this was the more important thing to do.  I did watch one episode of Love It or List It before falling asleep.


In the morning, I ate in the lobby and fixed a to-go lunch from what was available.  

I stopped for coffee; there was a fire close by!  I was tempted to go see, but I know the firemen don't appreciate onlookers.


I decided to stay on Highway 36 all the way through Missouri and on to Washington, Kansas.  Never been there before!  I would take Highway 15 down.  I was in a more relaxed mood and did not want to fight traffic in and around KC.

Some of this was new country for me!


Many farmers were out.  Harvest in full gear!


Seeing lots of patriotism. 



Love these old school houses!

Clay Center courthouse.


Our guests who stayed in our basement this week had left earlier that day, so I washed sheets and got ready for our next guests who were on their way!!  Our grandbaby (and her parents) were coming!!!


No comments: