Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Plants and flowers this season

 Plants and flowers beautify a home, don't they?  They make a home feel warm and welcoming.



My dear friend Tarenda helped me landscape the front entry way this spring.  We had to pull out some old, overgrown bushes.  We went to a nearby nursery and figured out what would work.  I am so grateful for her help.



I love flowers and plants so much!  

    The Bible tells us that our world began in a garden, 
       Christ prayed that God's will would be done in a garden,
          the Lord was buried in a garden (but rose again !!),
               and one day, we will once again live in a most beautiful garden!










"In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends."
                - Okakura Kakuzo





"Flowers are the music of the ground
from earth's lips spoken without sound."
             - Edwin Curran





"A world of grief and pain flowers bloom; even then."  
                   - Kobayashi Issa




I love these flowers from my kids for Mother's Day.
I am trying hard to keep them alive during the summer heat.


I enjoy bringing cut flowers in.  I have a variety of vases.
This one belonged to Grandma Geiger.  It's so sweet.


Earlier this spring, we had lots of rain.  Storms still pop up, but the heat seems to be unrelenting.  Trying to keep these plants watered as best I can.



"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You;  My soul THIRSTS for YOU;  My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water." 
Psalm 63:1

May we continually "thirst" for Him! 

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God will stand forever."   Isaiah 40:8



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers; lovely thoughts!
Your grandma’s vase is so precious!