Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Flying to Denver and a lost suitcase adventure

 Recently I have read these two books from our church library.  I picked them because they take place where I have traveled recently.

The East coast through the Appalation mountains and on to the West coast.  Oceans and mountians.


My school reunion had come to a close and it was time to head out.  We set the alarm for 4 am.  We were leaving really early along with Harper to the airport.  Tim and Martha graciously, willingly drove us to the airport at 5.  Bless them!!


It took quite some time to get through security.  We had time for some breakfast too before it was time to fly out.

I was excited because I would get off at Denver and spend a few days with our daughter Mindy and her girls!!  Papa was bummed because he wouldn't be able to see them this time.  He has this thing called a JOB. 


Al had some reading he brought along.  I could have read my book, but I just LOVE to look out the window to see what is below!!  He often leaned over to look out at things I would point out.

Leaving San Diego.  Sea World in bottom right corner.  The tall building is a Hyatt (had to look on Google Earth and get into ground view to confirm this.  I love Google Earth!)




Point Medanos



Out over the Pacific before circling around!  (I have a friend who doesn't fly or drive.  This picture is for you so you can experience it somewhat.)



Isla Coronado off the northwest coast of Mexico.  Mostly uninhabited except for a small military detachment and a lighthouse keeper.  There are tours there for whale watching and to see other marine life.  And also fishing.  We saw these islands when we were on the trolley tour.



Back over land.  Below is the Naval Outlying Landing Field Imperial Beach Airport, a navy facility for helicopters.  The "Helicopter Capital of the World."
Also the Tijuana Slough National Wildlife Refuge.  Beyond that is Mexico.





The Salton Sea, a shallow, landlocked, highly saline body of water that lies on the San Andreas fault.



Mohave Valley



Lake Havasu


I gave up trying to find this on Google Earth.  Somewhere between Lake Havasu and the Grand Canyon.


The south part of the Grand Canyon.  We would have seen it clearly if we'd been on the other side of the plane.



Monument Valley




Maps showed that we were flying just north of Durango.  I couldn't spot it though.
Hi, Mike and Debbie!






We found out that if we brought up Google Maps on our phones, it would spot where you are so you can tell where you are flying.  See the picture above compared to the map?



Landing in Denver!


Al and I kissed good-bye and he took the train to his terminal.  And I took one to the exit.


Mindy picked me up.  The babies stayed home with Jason.  As we left the airport, a car honked at us.  Figured it was because he wasn't happy she had pulled in front of him.  It was crowded and we didn't think much about it.

But when we got to Mindy's and opened the back hatch, although my book/makeup bag was there, my red suitcase was GONE!!???  My mouth dropped open in shock!
"Where's my suitcase?"


Evidently it had fallen out as Mindy was pulling out.  The back door had not completely closed before we left.  No wonder the guy honked at us to try to get our attention.

Kaia thought it was all funny!


A phone call to the airport Lost and Found and the suitcase was located!   An answer to prayer.  When I told Al, he was certain that it had either got run over on the highway or someone had stolen it.  

Well, instead of Jason taking an Uber to the airport for his flight to Chicago, Mindy drove back and took him.  Tenley went along.




It was fun for Tenley!  And it would be a sweet time having girl time!!

No comments: