Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, April 29, 2023

Papa and the girls

We got home from our time in Arkansas about 10 minutes before our daughter Mindy and her family arrived from Denver.    Jason was going on a work trip and Mindy and her girls were going to be with us!  Yay!!  Papa and 4 girls!


Kaia is the happiest little girl, but she was sick and not feeling well.  She still often smiled though.  She was sick for a few days.  Look at her red cheeks.


We took turns holding her.




Between times when we were holding her, we continued to keep busy.  We made a trip to Walmart for a few things.


I took Tenley to Drubers.  It was a place I took our 3 children when they were little and have taken the other grandchildren too.  She had donut holes on this morning.


Tenley loves the outdoors and she helped Papa and me with yard work.





And took walks around the lake.



While Papa was at work, Tenley "worked" at his desk.
Papa asked her to pay the bills.


She also helped make cookies for Release Time Bible School.


Toward the middle of the week, Kaia was feeling better.



You can tell she feels better.




We got a family text from Jill and Hannah telling us that they got tattooed!  What??  Would never have guessed that of Jill as she has such a low pain tolerance.  I was not surprised about Hannah.  On the text chain, we were all thinking Jill's was just a fake tattoo.


But it was real!  Jill's says "The Lord's" in Hannah's handwriting.  Taken from Isaiah 44:2-4:
"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.  They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams.  This one will say 'I am the Lord's', and another will call on the name of Jacob, and another will write on his hand, 'The Lord's', and name himself by the name of Israel."


That was actually a verse I prayed over my 3 children when they were young!  Jill says she can blame me for my prayers that she got a tattoo!  Ha!

Hannah's is an olive branch that she designed.  The 5 leaves represent her family and the 2 olives represent the 2 sets of grandparents!  Makes me feel so joyful and honored!

...to be continued.

No comments: