Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, May 5, 2023

Happy May!

 We are already 5 days into May.  Here is a picture from May Day 2011.  Our granddaughters had put May baskets on my parent's door, rang the doorbell and ran away and went hiding.  I love that May Day tradition!  Do you do May baskets?


My parents are in heaven now.  Our grandchildren all live out of state so they aren't able to deliver those baskets to us.  

This May 1 we got to "baby"sit (or kidsit might be the better term) our friend's daughter, Kate.   We had a marvelous time playing games!


Kate's parents were with their son, Luke at a meeting at school for kids going into highschool.  How is it that he is already in highschool??  I still remember him like this!


I went to Wichita to visit my friend.  We had a good walk together at the Sedgwick County park.


Then we went to Aroma Coffee in west Wichita.  


I love the verse on the wall:  For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ.

Wednesday evening I had Awana Cubbies.  How I treasure these kids!

They have learned lots of Bible verses this year!  And also the 23rd Psalm.

We learned a game called "Mr. Fox".  "Mr. Fox, Mr. Fox, what time is it?"  If the "it" said "It is 6 o'clock", they would take 6 steps forward.  But if she said "It's dinner time!" she would turn around and chase them back to the start and tag whom she could.  Oh my, how they loved that!!

Mindy sent me some pictures of Tenley and Kaia.  Tenley is teaching Kaia "boom", a thing Papa taught her.  You put your fingers together and then go "boom!"  Al was testing her dexterity and now she just loves to do it.

Denver has warm days and then snows the next.

Kaia is learning to stand!

Today is Allen's mother's birthday.  If she were still living here on earth (she IS living, just not here) she would be 98!  She passed on at age 64.


I've been making greeting cards, using photos I have taken around our home.


In 2020, we were going to take a trip to Japan with these two granddaughters.  It didn't happen due to the pandemic.  Tickets had already been purchased too.  So sad.


We will soon be taking a trip with them, but not to Japan.  I'll post about it someday.

No comments: