Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, July 13, 2023

Choo-choo!

When the children come to play, toys are strewn across the living room floor!
I don't mind in the least!


This tee-pee was one our children had when they were little.
And I kept many of my kids' toys too.


Jason face-timed the children from the airport.
He also left them little sweet notes about how he'd miss them.



When I was planning meals for the week, I planned for us to eat at the Bread Basket Friday evening for their German buffet.  I didn't realize that Jason was leaving for California Friday morning.  I was thinking Saturday morning. 

We went anyway because who doesn't love a good Swiss-German meal!?  Bierocks, varenika (or vareniki, varenike, varenyky depending which Mennonite group you come from) with ham gravy, zweiback...  Jason especially loves bierocks so I got some frozen ones for them to take back with them to Colorado.


We live in a train town.  My husband had heard a couple of years ago that about 28 trains passed through town each day!!  You are lucky if you don't get stopped by a train when you are needing to get across the tracks for an appointment somewhere!!  

The train was going by so we walked across the parking lot to see it.  
"Tenley, chuga-chuga choo-choo!"


The loud train whistle scared Tenley, but we encouraged her to wave.




Meanwhile, Tenley's ice-cream was melting as she watched 
the very, very long train slowly chug by.


The current train station was built in 1929-30.  It is the 3rd depot in the location.  It used to have a Harvey House restaurant in the olden days.  


Here is a picture taken several years ago (2013) of our other grandchildren at the train station.


And this is me and my brothers.  We rode the train twice a week to boarding school and back in Japan.


Aburatsu train station


I actually love riding trains!  And for our anniversary, we are going to be riding on the Abilene dinner train!


Did you ever sing this song?



No comments: