Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, November 29, 2023

A thankful time

We were so thankful that our daughter, Mindy and her family could come to our place not only to celebrate Thanksgiving but also for a FIRST birthday celebration!


Kaia LOVES Miss Rachel, so I made cupcake toppers.


Kaia was not so sure about the cupcake.



"Here Mommy, you try it!"


She LOVED her new baby!!


And this game was a hit.


We had a fun-filled few days.
The girls played in the play house under the stairs.


We did Thanksgiving crafts.


Grilling burgers.


Both girls enjoyed the scooter that my grandfather made.


This toy is a great toy!
Although Mindy finds the music annoying.


We read books over and over again!
I don't know how many times I sang E-I-E-I-O!


Moo!


Playing with Papa.


On Thanksgiving Day, Tenley helped make a fruit turkey dish.




Happy Thanksgiving Day!


We do it the traditional Norman Rockwell style.




Jason told us that he likes pumpkin pie for breakfast!  
We decided we like that too!  What's your favorite pie?


That the Packers won this game was pretty amazing!
"Frosting on the cake", or should we say "whipped cream on the pie"?
We had been warned not to watch as it would be ugly.


Clean-up crew



Neighbor's kitty came to see if there were any leftovers.


Papa was tuckered out.


One afternoon, we took the girls downtown to shop.


Checking out the rolling pins.


Jason took Tenley to the Y one day.


And to our new neighborhood park.


He also took her to the Dollar store to get some stocking stuffers!
Because we know what holiday comes after Thanksgiving!


"Look Nana!!"
Will my grandchildren become birdwatchers like their Nana?



They love to make music!


BAM, BAM, BAM!


Each morning I would get a text
"Come get me, Nana!"
Sweet morning snuggles!





Tenley was done with photos by the time we got around to taking this.


We had a wonderful few days together.  Before they left, I had Jason go out to the woods with me to get some branches to make an arrangement for my outdoor pots.




We kept our eyes on the weather.  A storm was fast approaching Saturday morning so they got up early and got out the door before they closed I-70.

We were grateful that although they did drive through some slick spots, they were able to get back to Colorado safely.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good."  Ps 118:1

"As you go through this day, look for tiny treasures stategically placed along the way.  I lovingly go before you and plant little pleasures to brighten your day.  Look carefully for them, and pluck them one by one.  When you reach the end of the day, you will have gathered a lovely bouquet.  Offer it up to Me with a grateful heart.  Receive My peace as you lie down to sleep, with thankful thoughts playing a lullaby in your mind."  - Jesus Calling, Sarah Young




No comments: