Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, February 26, 2024

Leaving the girls; Salina murals

It wasn't easy to say good-bye to the girls.

Tenley didn't even want me to hold her to give good-bye hugs.


After praying with Mindy, I loaded up the car and left.  
"I'll be back!!"


As I get older and my reflexes aren't what they used to be, I prefer to take less busy roads, so instead of getting on 225 north to I70, I decided to see how far 6th street would take me east.  6th turned into 30, then into East Stephen D. Hogan Pkwy, back into East 6th Parkway. 


6th ended at Powhaton Road.  I took this north to a frontage road onto I70.  Anyone who enjoys fast traffic won't understand this.  But some of us enjoy a slower pace.


Good-bye mountains!  

I got rather sleepy on the way home.  Pulled off the highway to take a short snooze.  I do not take for granted safety in travelling.  We never know what may happen.  Are we ready to be in His presence?  If someday I do have an accident and don't make it, I remember these words "Our last breath on earth, our first in heaven."  Don't be sad for me if it should happen.  What joy it will be to be with Christ!

So many hay bales.


This fire was in the midst of wind turbines.  Do wind turbines catch on fire?  I looked it up and found out that by the year 2000, there had been 385 that had caught fire!


I received this decal to put on my car in my Christmas stocking.  


On the highway, some guy zipped past me and waved his Green Bay Packer hat out of his sunroof and gave me a thumbs up sign!


Before starting on the way back to Kansas, I was debating where I could go that was new.  I always like to go on a new road (which I had done actually, heading out of Denver) or stop to see new sites.  I had always wanted to see the murals of the elevators in Salina, KS.  That would be fun to see!





I am so glad to have stopped to see this!  Pretty incredible artistry!  It was done by an Australian artist Guido van Helten who used locals as his subjects!

I stopped by a Nissan dealer to help me with something that needed fixing.  As I was there, Jason sent this video.  


Kaia finally decided to walk.  And not just one or two steps.  She actually took 18 here!!  Wow!  Her daddy had come home from his trip and had taken her to the park. I'm glad she did her first step for him to see.  Way to go, Kaia!!

No comments: