Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, March 22, 2024

The library and the flight

 On my last day in Denver, we attended library hour with the girls.  



Songs and stories

There was a little Amerasian boy sitting on his nanny's lap next to us.  He kept looking at Mindy, saying "Mama".  The nanny told us that Mindy did look like his mother.  She showed us her picture on her phone.  

The little boy scooted off his nanny's lap and sat on Mindy's lap and kept looking at her.  "Mama".  We were told that his mother was Korean.


"Does his mother speak Korean with him?"  "No, she doesn't speak.  Adopted."  Just like Mindy!

After story-time, we went downstairs and the girls played with toys and colored.




After lunch, while Mindy went out for a little "alone time", we took naps.  Moms need that!  Later, I packed my suitcase.  I was gathering things together and couldn't find my driver's license!  Oh no!  I wouldn't be able to get on a plane without that!!  Mindy came to my rescue and found it, then said she should have not found it so I could stay longer!  

I prayed a blessing over the family, and had a hard time keeping back the tears!  Wah!!  Mindy called an uber for me.  Good-bye girls!!  Probably the last time at this place as they are moving to a new home!


Mindy sent me a text.  "Kaia lost it when you left and she kept swinging her head around looking for you."


"Now they are playing with rocks."




***

I enjoy people watching.  At my gate, I had about an hour to watch people come and go.  One family was chasing after their little toddler who was making his way to the moving sidewalk!  They caught up to him, luckily.


It was rather interesting to notice that probably 4 out of 5 people's travel color preference was black.  I was wearing black too.  


The plane was rather empty; the seat beside me was not taken.  Nice.  Although I always ask the Lord, that if He has someone He wants me to cross paths with, that it would happen.  I've had some pretty neat conversations with people sometimes!




Good-bye Denver!


Next month when I see this little one, I am guessing she will be running all over and not so shaky on her legs!



No comments: