Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, October 11, 2024

Out to Colorado

 

Mindy's husband was on a trip to Oregon with his brothers so I was invited to go out to help.  I rarely turn that down!  

On the way there, I stopped in Russell to see my "old" friend who was babysitting her grandchildren.  

It is about an 8 hour trip, but it tends to go fast for me as I listen to various programs or music.  I did not go on a road adventure this time.  Except for the last stretch when Maps misled me to their house.  I saw new areas of town!  Mindy had been following me on Life360 and called "Mom, I think you're lost!"

When I finally got there, the girls and Bear came running out on the driveway to greet me.  How I wish I could have got a picture of that.  I laughed and laughed!  Mindy had to pull them back so I could park.  I've often thought that God must laugh and love it so much when we run to Him with such joy and expectation too!

Daddy read to his girls before he had to leave early the next morning:

While I was there, we played outside a lot:





What fun to jump in soapy water!


They got a new water feature.  
Mindy put it together without reading directions. 
 She is her father's daughter!


It is October but still plenty warm enough to play in water outdoors this year.


A friend called and it was wonderful to sit out here to talk with her.  Mindy took a photo and sent it to Al.  He said  "Wow.  Mom living her best life."


Reading to each of the grandkids has really been the best, though.  
Telling them about how much God loves them.  That's the best!


We went up to Kenosha Pass to see the aspens.  



There were lots of other people who had the same thought!


Tenley is in a phase where she has to bring everything with her!


We went to Hobby Lobby 


and also did crafting:




"Hello, Nani" - spoken on her new I-playdough phone.




Kaia did lots of crafting while Tenley was at preschool.  I enjoyed seeing where she goes to preschool.




The nap room.  She doesn't always fall asleep but it's a rest time at least.


We took walks.



We went to a nursery that had fall festival.
It was very crowded and it was difficult to find a parking spot!



Even a train ride inside the nursery!





Tenley loved the rubber duck races!




Toward the end of each day, a bath was a must!


Sunday we went to church.  The children's area is so cute!


Even a large aquarium.




After lunch, I packed up my bags and said our good-byes.


Mindy said that after I left, the girls were crying for me.
"Nani!!!!!"
How sweet is that.  I also cried as I headed back to Kansas.


On 86, passed this herd of horses.  A couple of the horses were laying flat on the ground.   That seems unnatural?  Were they dead?  If there had been a place to park, I would have pulled over to check it out.



We were "hand-me-upped" a couple of bar stools.  They look really nice with our woodwork.  Thank you, Jason and Mindy!



No comments: