Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, February 16, 2009

Launching

For the past year I have been following the blogs of friends, and especially so with the recent posts concerning sweet Cora Paige (http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/). With the encouragement of the young ladies in my Thursday morning Bible study, I have decided to launch out and begin my own blog. It has not been easy for me (since I'm over 50!), but my daughter Jill has helped me. But it isn't too user friendly I don't think! OK, Sarah Weber, you need to do it too!

This past weekend we went to Arkansas to visit my son and his family. We attended New Heights church, where Josh is worship pastor. The message was so applicable to the pain we all have been experiencing. Speaking of the Word of God, Deut. 32:47 says "They are not just idle words for you - they are your life."

God promises that He will be with us no matter what. He also promises that in this world we will face tribulation. John 16:33 The enemy is in this world. But He then says "But take heart! I have overcome the world."

When Joshua was about to enter enemy territory, although he was a general, a military leader, he must have been afraid, for he is told several times to not be afraid.
"Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the Lord your God goes with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deut. 31

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him,
and He delivers them."
Psalm 34:7

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"And surely I am with you always,
to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

In our Bible study on Thursday morning (Beth Moore's "Daniel"), we read that when in crisis situations, we can react with panic - and do the wrong thing, or be paralyzed - and do nothing, or we can pray - and do the power thing. Often, I do the panic and paralyze thing first. We live in a lion's den and we need Him!

He is Emmanuel - God with us. May each of us be filled to the overflowing with the Spirit of the Living God, daily seeking His presence, His Word. He is our comfort, our strength in times of need.

5 comments:

The Sieberts said...

cool. it works now. yep-you use eblogger just like mine :)
Welcome to blogging! Once you start, you can't stop. Plus its a good way to brag about your grandchildren!

The Veers said...

Hey Debby!
Glad to see you on here!!! See you Thursday! Hope you had so much fun with your kids and grandkids this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am still just a "reader" of blogs, and not yet a writer. Maybe someday. But, I will look forward to reading the wisdom you post for us younger ones to read!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Nice to see your blog, Debby...Can't wait to read your wisdom, advice, and thoughts.

Amy said...

What a cool mom you are... your very own blog! :) It's easier than you think. It will get easier, anyway!