Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

On Mother's Day, before I was heading out for church, I noticed that our Mother robin and Daddy robin were a little busy with their nest. I went over to peek. You can't see it, but the last blue egg had a little hole in it and the last baby was hatching. I thought I had caught it on camera...sadly I didn't. But I didn't want to stay too long peeking as the parents were just a little upset I was so close. They don't understand that I am not a threat.The killdear were making a racket and I looked out my bedroom window at the lot next door. There was a Mommy and Daddy killdear with several little chicks. They were all taking a little walk. Then as I watched, 2 little baby killdear went up to their mommy and tucked themselves under her feathers. They literally disappeared under her wings. It was almost like a baby kangaroo that pops itself into the mother's pouch.


It reminded me of the verse from Psalm 91:4. "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge."




At church we had child dedication.

Very sweet.

I cried.


Joel and Kendall's sweet Lily who is so precious to us.

Treaster's new darling, Brookelyn, after the loss of their baby girl to Trisomy 18.

Brynn, who arrived early and was in danger for awhile.

Sweet Payton who the Anderson's adopted.

Twins Hollis and Murphy.

The newest baby, Landrey.

Lane and Logan.

Caleb and Alyssa.

Alyssa has Down's and she has been such

a blessing to her parents.

So many parents choose to abort such a child.


These children are so dear to me.

I am so lucky to get to know these

children as they come to the nursery each week.

A reminder from Amanda and Jess about why we do this.



After afternoon naps, I went to Jill's to pick her and my mother up for a date to Wichita. We were giving ourselves a Mother's Day gift of time together. My mom had received a cookie bouquet from my sister-in-law, Linda Voran who lives in Kansas City. Mom brought it over to show the girls and to let them each pick one cookie to eat.

My mother, Lois Voran, and my daughter, Jill and myself went to Wichita and picked up my other daughter, Mindy. Mindy told us about a place called....


If you've never been....it is a classy place!

Located at Douglas and Oliver.

They are building another restaurant at Bradley Fair.


Loved the jazz music playing.





We treated ourselves to dessert. Yum!


I have to share about Saturday...

The Andersons had an adoption party for Payton.

Congratulations on your forever family, Payton!

In the evening, we went to Pretty Prairie to visit with Al's Dad.


Wayne Graber, who grew up with Al was performing with his group, Graber, Souter & Rupp at the Prairie Sunset Home where Al's Dad lives. This musical group lives in Dallas, Oregon (only 45 minutes away from Tony and Angela!) and since they sing country gospel music, they wanted to call themselves the Dallas Cowboys, but that name was taken already.

If you like country western music, you can find out more about them at waynegraber.com.
I have attached a video of them at the end.

As I pan the video about, you will see Al's brother, Sid and Al too.


Here is a picture of Al and his Dad.




3 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day!

We had a baby dedication at our church too and I cried seeing all those families lined up. It's so precious.

I love Il Vicino! And is that tiramisu?! My favorite. YUM!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

I too LOVE Il Vicino, and I haven't been there in quite awhile. Perhaps I'll have to get Marc to take me there again.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Beki,that was tiramisu. YUM!