Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, April 2, 2010

My brother Doug

My brother Doug died this past week. Very unexpected - a heart attack.



Brothers Dave and Doug

The next collage is of Doug's children - Nichole, Brandon and Chelsea and his grandchildren, Layla, Natalya and AJ. Last Thursday through Saturday morning, my heart was heavy for them and I spent earnest time in prayer each morning. Little did I know why the Spirit had led me to pray for them. What a difficult time they are going through now.
Lighter moments


Dad has these two false teeth that he can pop out.
It always brings a needed laugh!

Flowers from brother Dan who could not come; a bonsai and painting of Van Gogh from the Derksens. Doug and his friend Rick shared a love for this artist.

We were thrilled to have Rick Derksen drive from Lancaster to share the day with us. Rick and Doug were classmates. (Rick is on the far left and Doug is 4th one)
He also brought greetings and condolences from the Japanese churches and fellow Japanese missionaries.
Myself, my brother David and Rick


Cousins Brandon and Josh (our son)
So glad Josh could fly out to be with us!

Thanks to all who have given us comfort through hugs, words and cards.



"The storms of sorrow through bereavement are intense, but they are one of the Father's ways of driving me to Himself. His purpose is to softly and tenderly speak to my heart in the secret, hidden place of His presence." Streams in the Desert
Our life is fleeting; "each man's life is but a breath" (Psalm 39:5). We never know when Christ will call us to Himself. May He be our guide to the end and may we remain faithful to Him!

7 comments:

The Veers said...

I have been thinking and praying for you all so much! Hope you make it home safely and enjoy time with family!

The Sieberts said...

praying for comfort for you and your family. Love you Debby! :)

Paige said...

Debby,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you...for peace.

Hugs :)

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

We too have been thinking and praying for your family this week. I don't know if you guys are back yet, but I hope you had (or have) safe travels. Also, I found two more people for the nursery on Sunday. Everybody's been called as a reminder. So, don't worry about it :)

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

It was more difficult for me to lose my brother than my parents. Our thoughts and prayers. The God of all comfort is, and will be, with you.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Debby, I am so so sorry. :(

Prayers for you and your family.

Susy said...

Our prayers are with you all. God promises us everlasting life. May he be enjoying the fruitfulness of Heaven.