Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Joni

I read about Joni Earikson Tada when I was in highschool. How I admired her!



One summer in 1967, while swimming with some friends, Joni dove into a lake not knowing how shallow it really was. She broke her neck, paralyzing her body from the neck down. She spent the next two years in rehabilitation. She struggled with life, she struggled with God, and she struggled with her paralysis. But since then, Joni has written books, has recorded several musical albums, and she is actively involved as an advocate for disabled people. Joni is now an internationally known mouth artist! Joni loves the Lord and will tell you how a personal relationship with God has helped her overcome the obstacles in her life and how you can experience the love of God, despite pain and suffering.

I told the girls about Joni and we looked at some of her paintings on the internet. We decided to try our own mouth paintings.




It was really hard so sometimes we used our fingers.



This was Hannah's finished product. I thought she did a great job! Sophia's painting was also beautiful - the entire page filled with splashes of paint!



For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Ephesians 2:10

3 comments:

The Sieberts said...

what a precious post Debby. I too remember admiring her when my mom first told me about her life. an inspiration to us all to love and serve God NO MATTER what.

Julie said...

I love this idea! The girls did a great job and they will now probably always remember Joni Earkson Tada and her testimony.

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

AWESOME!