Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Patch


Today we went to Papa's Pumpkin Patch north of town. Before going to the patch to pick out our pumpkins, there were other things to do!






















We got a hay rack ride out to the pumpkin patch.

The kids each picked out their very own pumpkins.

The burro watched the children pick their pumpkins.
More play time.

The children were given an educational time about how pumpkins are grown and the many types of pumpkins.
Long time ago children played "spin the top" with these little gourds.
Our time at Papa's Pumpkin Patch ended with some very delicious pumpkin cake!



Today was really our first quite chilly day. I could have had a jacket besides my sweater. I was freezing out there on the farm! Winter is around the corner, but I have to say I love pumpkin season!! Winter can wait just a little.

1 comment:

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

Looks like a fun day. And yes, it's cold! I haven't made this weather transition yet, still want warmish fall days!