Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day with the girls


While my Dad is in stroke therapy at the hospital, we were encouraged to visit him at the end of the day; during the day he would be busy.  Since Jill is not feeling well these days we said we would like to take the girls for the day. 

In the morning we puttered about the house.  We had our lunch out on the deck.  It was such a beautiful day.  Ice-cream for dessert!









A silly ice-cream cone!

After lunch, we went for a bike ride to the "mountains".





 Let's go try the next mountain, Papa!




 Let's go to the swings, Papa!
 The wheat field on the way is so very golden!  Usually it does not look like this until June!




 I forgot my camera, but we took a couple balloons to Grandpa Pete in the hospital.  He was so happy to see his sweet little great grandchildren!  The girls said "We brightened his day!"

 "How Firm a Foundation"

Fear not; I am with thee.  O be not dismayed.
         For I am thy God, I will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
         Upheld by My righteous, Omnipotent hand.

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
    I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
             I'll never, no never, no never forsake.

Be strong, Dad!!  Trust in His care!

1 comment:

Melissa Jensen said...

Your so much fun!! You make me want to come play at your house too!! I so miss having the grandparents close to us for our kiddos:(
Tell Jill "Hi" from me and let her know I say a prayer when she crosses my mind.