Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving dinner was at our house yesterday.  Everyone was bringing food.  I baked a turkey and also the stuffing, a ham and a couple of pies (pecan and pumpkin).  The Grabers always have more than enough food!  Our sisters-in-laws are great cooks!
It was a warm day!

We had the windows open most of the day and into the evening.  It was in the 70's.  It did not seem like November!
We enjoy these snacky foods!

Aunt Millie gave me this leaf candy dish for my birthday one year.  Perfect for chocolates!

 The clan arrived from Little River, Lyons and Pretty Prairie.
 Loving my Old Mennonite table that has 12 leaves!
 Enjoying family time
 

* * * * *

Jill's family spent the night so they could visit longer after the girls were in bed.  This morning the girls were ready to  help us "take down Thanksgiving" and begin decorating for  the  Christmas holidays.

 

They were anxious to help me put up the Christmas tree. Due to a couple of the family members having allergies to real trees, we use artificial. I really do like our artificial one. It looks pretty real. I found out that if I string the lights as we add the layers, it is easier.


  Claire and Papa enjoyed watching the activity.

So long Thanksgiving!


No comments: