Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice and hold fast to Him, for the Lord is your life! Deut. 30:20


Saturday, December 1, 2012

Men's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

A couple of weeks ago, Sophia helped me bake chocolate chip cookies.  We placed them in the cookie jar I got from Aunt Millie.



 These are the best!!  Thanks, Diane Walter, for this recipe!


It didn't take long to finish them off!


Men's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup shortening                           3 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup butter, softened                   1 tsp. soda
1 cup sugar                                      1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar, packed              1 cup nuts (or a bit more if you like)
2 eggs                                             2 cups chocolate chips
2 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.  Blend in remaining ingredients.  (I usually whisk flour, soda and salt together first).   Drop by rounded spoonful 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet (I usually spray it with Pam or equivalent).  Bake 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Blu-I'd-Blonde said...

I'm going to make the recipe as is, and then try it with gluten-free flour I have. I love the jar you got from your Aunt Millie. My family will love these! Thanks to you and Diane.